Wednesday 4 November 2015

Reality hits hard

Today I realized it has been a very long time since I watched news from television. How funny it is that I open TV only to watch some brainless trash? Imagine how back in the old days it was very same TV that told all great news and showed sophisticated shows with meaning. At least that what I imagine it was like. And now it is full of lies and shitty programs.

And now our pre-task for this week is to watch news program. This will break my loop of trash and maybe I will see something that has "quality content". Notice that I'm not completely trusting that news will have any of it... But it's nice to hope.
Maybe I have been watching trash TV just to escape the reality. 
 

But today I saw quite nice post on 9gag. And after I Google searched it I found an article about it! It's from the Guardian. (I'm sure you are happy Chris) Social media star Essena O’Neill deleted her Instagram account! Read the article to know more. All I have to say I'm happy for her and it's great to see that some young people can get smarter and realize that not everything in social media is real. Now she actually can make good rolemodel to others. So maybe all those years posting pictures were not for nothing.
Today's lesson: You have life outside your social profiles!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah it's interesting that you mention it. I'm constantly pressured into sending pictures of my kid to the family, I know it's because we life far and all. but at some point we automatically switched from taking thousands of pictures in a year to only a couple of hundred. It seems to me that at some point we chose it was nicer to live the moment than document it, which seems to be the main point in social media nowadays.

    ReplyDelete