Sunday 29 November 2015

Oh no, spoilers!

There is a constant danger when you are surfing through the internet. I'm talking about spoilers! Is there anything else that could flatten your excitement? You start watching new series, you start loving it, you can't wait to see what happens next, and then some airhead from internet manages to spoil it to you! And most likely could not see it coming. That sweet feeling you have, when you are waiting to know what happens next is lost. Element of surprise is destroyed. All you feel is hate and disappointment. This all happens so often, at least if I can believe the angry tweets my friends are making in Twitter.

I might be over dramatic, but I honestly don't like spoilers, they kill my purpose to watch the series. Does this mean that I'm a bad watcher? If only reason I watch something is to be surprised I should not be watching any of mass films. They are full of cliches and often I can even predict exact words they are going to say. But I still watch them! Why? I hope I might get positively surprised!


My hate towards spoilers is quite extreme and that's why I have some sort of weird respect for people like Patricia, she said she doesn't mind hearing spoilers. She actually even asked to hear them! But I could not tell her any because I thought it would be wrong thing to do. You would not hurt your friend even if they asked, so why should I tell them any spoilers ether? But I think it is great that people can enjoy stories even if they know what is going to happen.

This is one the faults I have when it comes to consuming media. If I know the story it's very hard for me to be interested. I can't even watch any trailers of movies because nowadays they tell you everything. Maybe I should try to grow mentally and learn something from Patricia.
I have to accept that internet will always be dangerous place, you can't make it completely spoiler free. My solution for now is just to stay away. No more tumblr for me!


1 comment:

  1. I love spoilers :D I do get why people hate them though, I'm probably just a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete